Total Pageviews

23 March 2015

Greg's Evaluation: Q6



Before we did the preliminary task, I had never used the editing software Final Cut Pro before. I had used an HD video camera before, but I barely scratched the surface of what it could do. This is what I learnt. 

The main thing I learnt to do with a video camera was how to set the white balance. I already knew the basics (starting and stopping recording, playback, etc). Before I learnt about white balance, my footage would come out with varying quality. Now I get better quality with my footage, which is useful for if I decide to do filming projects outside of college.

I had never used Final Cut Pro before I started the project. Through the course of the  project, I learnt how to transfer footage onto Final Cut, put it into a timeline, trim the footage, add sound effects and a soundtrack, add titles to the timeline and export the film into a media player (we used QuickTime).

No comments:

Post a Comment