Total Pageviews

26 April 2015

Simeon's Evaluation Q6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
 
Before we began working on our preliminary task and our thriller opening project, I had not grasped the concept of editing video and audio and I did not know much about cameras and how to cleanly shoot HD film.
 
I have never used Final Cut Pro or any other software of editing before, let alone a Mac. This course has shown me clearly how to use the software and how to snip, clip and merge video clips and audio clips to a standard I would have never dreamed of. I have learnt the importance of naming clips and separating the ones I need from the ones I don't because later on in both the tasks my team and I found rummaging through all our nameless clips and retake clips near impossible.

 
I had never heard of white balance and what it contributed to shots and takes, but I soon found out that it changed the way we saw lighting and how important it was while we were editing and doing continuity editing. I also learnt how to use the tripod and how a stable camera can make all the difference between what kind of impression you are trying to make on the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment